From a nutritional perspective, you can find some relief by avoiding:
- Fried, and processed food.
- Alcohol and caffeine (in sodas, chocolate).
- Tight-fitting clothes or belts.
- Reclining soon after eating.
- Spicy, highly condimented, tomato-based or citrus foods may cause a problem for some people.
- Eat slowly! Remember to chew at least 30 times per bite. Chew on gum that lists bicarbonate in its ingredients.
- Probiotics can make a difference (probiotics prevent bacteria and yeast overgrowth in the gut which can cause reflux), make sure to take them. These are available at www.vitaleph.com.
- Eliminate food with dairy and gluten from your diet, at least until you feel better.
- Get your carbs from veggies and fruit.